Adobe Digital Editions
Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) is free software that lets you view and manage eBooks and transfer copy-protected eBooks from your personal computer to your other devices.
- Install Adobe Digital Editions
- Get an Adobe ID
- Authorize your computer and eReader with ADE
- Add your eBook files to your library
Installing Adobe Digital Editions
Install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on your PC or Mac to view your eBooks on your personal computer and transfer your eBooks from your computer to your other devices.
- Download and install ADE free from here
- Find the downloaded ADE file on your computer
- Save, Open, Run and follow the steps through to installation. It is not necessary to create home shortcuts for this programme but ensure that you check "Associate .acsm"
Creating an Adobe ID
Once you’ve installed Adobe Digital Editions on your PC or Mac, you’ll need to create an Adobe ID.
- In your web browser, go to adobe.com
- Click Sign in
- Click Get an Adobe ID
- Fill in the form
- Click Sign Up
Authorizing your computer and your eReader with Adobe Digital Editions
After you’ve installed Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) and created an Adobe ID, you’ll need to authorize your computer and your eReader with ADE. You only need to do this once.
- Launch ADE on your PC or Mac
- From the Help menu, click Authorize Computer
- A Computer Authorization window will appear
- Enter your Adobe ID and password
- Click Authorize
- Click OK when Adobe finishes authorizing your computer
- Connect your eReader to your computer
- Tap Connect on your eReader
- In ADE, right-click on your device under Devices on the left
- Click Authorize Device...
- Select the account that you'd like to authorize
- Click Authorize Device
- Click OK to complete the process
Add your eBooks to your Library
- After you've purchased your eBook from ebooks.ribabookshops.com, you'll see a link to your download your eBook file. Click on the link and save the file to your computer. The file name will end with ".acsm". This is a DRM-protected file which ensures that only you, the licensed purchaser, can read the book.
- You can double click on your downloaded .acsm file and it will be added to your library in Adobe Digital Editions, ready to read on your computer
- To read on an eReader, connect your device to transfer the eBook across using Adobe Digital Editions
Reading eBooks on a mobile device
Download and install the Adobe Digital Editions App from the iTunes store or Google Playstore to read eBooks on your iPad, iPhone or Android Device.
Authorise Adobe Digital Editions on each device to sync your eBook library across multiple devices.
Please note Adobe Digital Editions is not supported by the Kindle series of eBook readers. A list of supported devices is available here