Building Condition Surveys (3rd edition) (PDF)
This is your must-have guide to carrying out building condition surveys.
Condition surveys are becoming increasingly important and standardised in approach but are a high risk service with the potential for legal consequences if mistakes are made. Professionals therefore require clear, up-to-date advice on how to inspect and report accurately and this book provides a one-stop shop of uniquely practical, concise and accessible guidance written by one of the leading authorities in the field.
The key coverage includes;
- Domestic and commercial surveys; surveys for historic, new and dilapidated buildings
- Improvements to surveys including the inclusion of colour photographs, condition ratings, use of the term ‘technical due diligence’ and increased professionalization
- New techniques for further investigation including thermography, endoscopy and ground radar
- Advances in the diagnosis of causes of masonry cracking
- New hazards such as Japanese Knotweed
- Updated to reflect the latest RICS regulations, legislation and guidance on building surveying
- Case studies of both bad and good practice and images to illustrate real world problems and solutions
This will be a well-thumbed reference on-site or at your desk for architects, surveyors and other construction professionals. It will also be invaluable for students of surveying, estate management and construction as well as student architects at Part 3.